Tuesday 20 May 2014

Boat Jumble

Sunday saw a trip to Snaith near Goole for a boat Jumble. I have no chandlery close to home so it’s a good opportunity to pick up a few odds and ends. Boat Jumbles are interesting place and the stalls varied from new shiny electronics to the blokes who appear to be doing Noah's shed clearance. I picked up rope, shackles and split rings and managed to get a sail cover. The Bayraider needs a long sail cover as when the Gunter yard is on the boom it’s 14 feet from the gooseneck to the end of the yard. A used and very tired sail cover was picked up for £8. It’s not going to be used often but hopefully after a bit of patching it will do the job. I also got an ensign and now have to work out how to fly it from the mizzen, my daughter was keen to buy a flag and so for the grand sum of a pound now has what google tells me is a No 6 pennant. Not sure when we’ll ever need to communicate the number 6 by flag but you never know, perhaps a Prisoner type “I am not a number……”

No comments:

Post a Comment